Here it is, almost September, I have been book blogging for a few months now – making friends, getting followers, it’s all going along so nicely …. so nicely in fact that I have been thinking of hosting my own challenge, when I see My Friend Amy’s post this morning about entering the R.I.P. IV Challenge. Now should a girl who is already participating in four challenges, and wants to test her blogging skills at hosting her own say “Oh great – I’m in!” Probably not, but when do I do what I “should?”
The R.I.P. IV Challenge (which stands for Readers Imbibing Peril) hosted by Stainless Steel Droppings invites readers to read those books that raise our heart rates as the autumn winds blow in:
Seriously – how could I not sign up?!
There are different challenge levels. I aspire to Peril the First, reading any four books in any of the listed genres. Can I do it? Only time will tell.
Now for books, what will I read? Well instead of putting down four specific books I will read, I am going to list out some possibilities for my book pool. Please feel free to weigh in with your thoughts, or new suggestions.
1. Dracula by Bram Stoker (yes, I have read so many of the other vampires, how can I not have read where it all began)
2. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (another classic that has alluded me)
3. The Physick Books of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe (I loved going to Salem as a kid, will be nice to go back, at least in book form)
4. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith (this has been on the must read for awhile and is cross read for Everything Austen)
5. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (been on my shelf for so long, it’s about time it saw the sunlight)
6. The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith (because I’ve seen too many ads for the new TV series to not be a little curious)
This challenge runs from September 1 – October 31. Come join the fun. Sign up on Stainless Steel Droppings, and even if you don’t – I highly recommend you check out the blog and follow along with us!
As for my challenge, seeing all that is going on with Book Blogger Appreciation Week and wanting to build up my blog following a bit more before taking on the challenge of hosting a challenge, I think I will hold off until the start of the new year and make it my reading list resolutions challenge. So I hope you will join me for that.